Monday, March 13, 2017

Simple Gilt-Head Bream

Hello,


After trying different recipes to make my fish, I realized that you should never make it too complicated. Fish is a very special type of meat and when you try to do too much to it, it comes out disgusting.
For most of my fish recipes, I use a simple base of oil, salt, black pepper (any pepper) and build from there.

At the African store, I found a bag of "gilt-head (sea) bream, also known as "dorad royal" or commonly known in Kinshasa (DRC) as "mabundu". Unfortunately, it was not cleaned and I had to gut and clean it myself. It is not glamorous but I thanked my mama for showing it to me even when I did not want to.

So here is how I make my fish:



My best friends in this whole gutting process that can be very very messy.


My gilt-head before gutting. 


Here cleaned up and ready to be seasoned. I removed the head as well to make it simple 


I blended green onions, white onion, garlic, added salt, black pepper. For 4 fishes, I had one bouquet of green onions, half a white onion, a whole garlic head. You can add ginger as well. 


Mixed it all with my fish and some Mrs. Dash, Garlic & Herb Seasoning Blend salt-free. I put it in the freezer overnight and the next day, took it out of the fridge to thaw before cooking.


Forgot to show before the oven, but I added lemon juice and lemons inside and on top of the fishes. I added vegetable oil as well. Use non-stick spray so you can remove easily your fish. You can also use parchment paper. 
You do not have to bake it, you can fry it in a pan as well. 


I had it with my baked sweet potatoes ( see recipe from last week) and green beans (recipe from 3 Fois par Jour)


Bon App├ętit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment